As Nova Scotia enters Phase 2 of Re-opening Plan, the following restrictions will be implemented effective March 7th:
- · Visits are open from Monday-Sunday,10am-3pm.
- · Appointments are no longer necessary. However, residents are permitted to have only 2 visitors at a time. If you arrive and the resident you would like to see already has their allotted 2 visitors with them, you will be asked to come back another time.
- · Screening will still take place upon arrival; masking and proof of vaccination are still required.
- · Residents may have larger group visits for special occasions when pre-booked with facility to ensure adequate space and planning. Please contact Recreation Coordinator at ext 241. Request will be accommodated on a first-come-first-serve basis and depending on room availability.
- · Visitors at long-term care facilities need to wear a mask and be fully vaccinated (except for end-of-life visits). Visitors need to follow social distancing guidelines (except for quick, close contact, like a hug)
- · All visits to occur in resident’s room only.
- · All residents, regardless of vaccination status, may have community access to indoor and outdoor public spaces and family homes. Proof of vaccine is not required for individuals accompanying residents for off-site trips.
- · To book off-site visits, contact RN supervisor in Senior Center at ext 6918 and ext 7002 for Children Center.
- · Residents and visitors need to follow public health measures like social distancing and mask requirements.
- · Overnight visits are NOT permitted.
Recreational Activities and other essential services
- · All long-term care residents, regardless of vaccination status, may participate in social activities and personal services (like hairstyling, footcare service) within the facility.
- · More than one cohort of residents may participate in group activities at the same time while maintaining physical distancing between cohorts as much as possible.
- · Proof of Vaccination and masking requirements remain in place for staff.
Please reach out to Amanda Kelly (SDON) at ext 240, Andrea Cottrell (CDON) at ext 229 or Nanette Velasco (ADON) at ext. 304 for further guidance.
“ In a world where you can be anything, be KIND.”