Dear Family and Friends,
We are happy to announce that Public Health has declared Evergreen COVID-19 outbreak over as of Dec 20th, midnight. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to our staff who went above and beyond to ensure residents are cared for during staffing and health crisis. To families and friends who sent us their words of encouragement, we will always remember and appreciate your concern.
We also would like to thank Public Health, IPAC-LTC, NSH COVID Treatment Team, VON, OHSW, and DSLTC for their unwavering and all-out support.
- · Visitors, essential workers, DCGs, volunteers, and specialized workers are required to wear well-fitting medical masks throughout the facility (common area or otherwise). Mask may be removed ONLY when in the specific personal area of a visited resident’s room, (i.e. unmasked contact cannot occur with any of the resident’s roommate or staff), a private area, to eat/drink in designated areas, or when outside the facility; a well-fitting medical mask must be worn at all other times.
- · Visitors to sanitize hands and wear medical mask upon entry. Mask should cover nose and mouth.
- · Visitors are advised to conduct self-screening and to avoid visiting if feeling unwell or awaiting covid swab result.
- · Physical distancing must be observed when in common areas. Staff and DCGs are exempt from physical distancing requirements while providing resident care.
- · Evergreen will be serving special holiday meal to residents. Family may bring holiday meal to share with resident but due to masking requirement, lack of space, and staffing challenges, we request family to share meal in resident’s room only. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please connect with any staff if you require assistance.
- Cohorting can help prevent the spread of respiratory infections throughout the facility. Residents to maintain same cohort group when participating in multi-person group activities such as dining, recreation outings, and social activities.
- Symptomatic resident (and roommate) will be placed on Isolation Precaution and will be tested for respiratory infection, as per guidelines.
- Unless symptomatic, all residents are permitted to go off-site/on outings by any means and/or to access any public places, including in-home or place-of-stay visits. Residents may attend medical, dental, vision, healthcare, or other appointments.
- Overnight off-site visits/outings, including for consecutive days/nights, are permitted. We request family to notify Evergreen in advance to ensure availability of medications.
Staff and Volunteers
- Staff are required to wear a well-fitting medical mask throughout the facility except when physically distanced as much as possible in designated staff break area – or when outdoors on facility grounds.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Self monitor for symptoms; do not report to work if feeling ill.
If you have further inquiries, please reach out to SC supervisor at ext. 6918 or CC supervisor at ext. 7002. You may also contact Kelcey Pearson, IPAC RN – ext. 306 (email@example.com) or Nanette Velasco, ADON – ext. 304 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!