Phase 2 of the province’s reopening plans is in effect June 16, 2021 at 8:00am, and includes the lifting of the following restrictions in long-term care:
Fully Vaccinated Residents
- Residents may now go for a walk off the grounds of the facility (locally, in the home’s neighborhood) with a Designated Caregiver(s), a support person, or independently, if the resident/Substitute Decision Maker and facility care team consider it safe to do so.
- Residents may access outdoor public areas such as boardwalks, parks, etc. The resident must maintain physical distancing (except with their Designated Caregiver or support person) and is not permitted to come into contact with others during the walk.
For residents who are partially immunized against COVID-19, or not immunized at all:
- Residents may now go for a walk off the grounds of the facility (locally, in the home’s neighborhood) with a Designated Caregiver or support person, or independently, if the resident/Substitute Decision Maker and facility care team consider it safe to do so.
- Hairdressing appointments at the in-house salon are now permitted. Resident and hairdresser must wear mask.
- Residents may be visited indoors or outdoors by specialized workers including a licensed hair stylist, lawyer, financial advisor, etc
- Removal of resident cohorts for dining and group activities. While this is lifted, we are continuing with current arrangements until further notice.
- When going for a sightseeing drive with Designated Caregiver, drive-throughs now permitted.
- Sightseeing drives with one or both of their Designated Caregivers are now permitted (one resident at a time, no stops allowed, but drive-throughs are permitted). The resident is not permitted to come into contact with others during the drive.
- For off-site trips or sightseeing drives: Accompanying person (DCG/support person) must communicate outing plans with staff. Risk assessment will be conducted by nursing staff upon resident’s return to facility.
- Infection control measures to observe: proper hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, wear mask (resident is encouraged but not required), physical distancing.
- Volunteers resume activities in LTCF.
More information will be shared over the next few days.
The Evergreen Community