We are excited to share key changes to Public Health’s Directives and Guidelines to LTCF COVID-19 Management and Outbreak Control.
Effective July 6, 2022, the following measures will be in place:
Visitation and Screening Guidelines
- Proof of Vaccination no longer required for visitors and designated caregivers to enter Evergreen.
- No limit to the number of visitors per resident at one time.
- Visitors and DCG’s are reminded to conduct self-screening prior to visit. Please refrain from visiting if feeling ill, or awaiting covid swab result, or isolating as per PH directive.
- Visitors to wear medical mask provided by the facility. Mask should cover nose and mouth.
- Visitors and DCGs may remove mask ONLY when in a private area with resident, or when outside the facility.
- Visitors and DCGs may attend recreation program, social distancing required if with other residents.
- Residents are allowed to leave facility for overnight visits, sightseeing drives, and attend medical appointment. Family/SDM is requested to notify Unit supervisor in advance if planning to take resident out of facility. Senior Center: ext 6030 or ext 236. Children Center: ext.7002
- Active screening of residents for symptoms of COVID-19 is expected at least once daily.
Staff and Volunteers
- Staff, essential visitors, and volunteers are still required to have documented proof of COVID-19 vaccination to work in LTCFs in Nova Scotia.
- Continue to wear medical mask throughout your shift; replace when soiled.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Self monitor for symptoms; do not report to work if feeling ill.
- Designated screener no longer required. Staff, essential visitors, and volunteers are required to self-screen prior to entry to the facility.
“In a world where you can be anything, be KIND.”