Dear Family and Friends,
As of today, December 7th, we have a total of 26 confirmed COVID-19 (+) cases among residents. With the help of NSH COVID Treatment Team and VON, qualified residents are currently receiving anti-viral treatment. Affected residents are stable and are closely monitored.
- 1st West – 6
- Center Avenue – 3 (2 residents are now off isolation precaution)
- Old East - 2
- New East Avenue - 15
- We kindly request to please postpone non-essential visits (visitors other than the Designated Care Giver or family member) until further notice.
- Visitors to sanitize hands and wear medical mask upon entry. Mask should cover nose and mouth.
- DCGs, volunteers, and essential visitors are advised to conduct self-screening and to avoid visiting if feeling unwell or awaiting covid swab result.
- Universal Pandemic Precautions (UPP) will be in place (medical mask + face/eye protection) on the affected units.
- DCGs on non-affected units are advised to always keep your mask on, whether in or outside resident’s room.
- Asymptomatic residents on both affected and non-affected units may attend scheduled medical appointment. Resident to wear mask and sanitize hands.
- Recreation programs are safely conducted per cohort group each day.
Staff and Volunteers
- Continue to wear medical mask throughout your shift; replace when wet or soiled. UPP masking when caring for residents on affected units.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Self monitor for symptoms; do not report to work if feeling ill.
Evergreen is working closely with Public Health, IPAC-LTC, NSH COVID Treatment Team, and DSLTC on how to best mitigate risks to ensure safety of the entire community.
We sincerely thank you for your support and kind understanding.
If you have further inquiries, please reach out to the RN supervisor at ext. 6030, 6013, or 236 or any of the following staff:
Kelcey Pearson, IPAC RN - ext 306
Nanette Velasco, ADON - ext 304
“In a world where you can be anything, be KIND.”