Evergreen continues to strictly follow directives from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Department of Health and Wellness and Public Health in relation to COVID-19. The safety of residents and staff is our top priority and we continue to make adjustments to our daily practices and pandemic plan.
The following additional restrictions will be in place effective December 17th, 2021.
• Residents are permitted to have two (2) visitors at a time. No booking is required, except for holidays.
• It is recommended but not required that visitors be rapid tested within 24 hours of the visit where possible.
• Masking and physical distancing are required during visits. Residents may have a brief close contact with visitors, such as a hug, but then need to maintain physical distancing for the remainder of the visit.
• Outdoor visits are NOT allowed at this time.
Travel outside of a long-term care facility
• Residents may only leave the facility for community access and overnight visits if they are fully vaccinated.
• It is strongly recommended that all eligible residents receive their booster dose before accessing the community.
• Unvaccinated residents may still attend routine medical appointments.
• Upon return from a visit in the community, serial PCR testing is required on day 0, day 3-4, and day 6-7. If the resident becomes symptomatic, testing frequency will be increased as described in the COVID-19 Management in Long Term Care Directive. Contact and droplet precautions will be implemented for the resident while awaiting day 0 test results.
• An unvaccinated support person (Designated Caregiver, friend, family member, etc.) may accompany a resident for an off-site visit, including to family homes. Note that the support person would have to pick up a resident without themselves entering the facility.
• Restrictions on overnight visits in Central Zone and Western Zone have been lifted. There are no restrictions by zone on where residents may attend overnight visits if fully vaccinated.
• The facility should have a consistent group of 10 residents (up to gathering limit of 20 based on operational needs such as neighborhood size), within a facility during congregate times (ie. meals).
• Support staff, exclusive of visitors, are not counted in the gathering limit size. This is an effort to limit gathering between residents while also maintaining residents’ ability to have visitors.
• Visitors are NOT allowed eat and drink with their loved one at this time.
Please reach out to Kristi Maxwell – IPAC RN at ext. 280 for further guidance
The Evergreen Community