Phase 3 of the province’s reopening plans is in effect June 30, 2021, at 8:00am, and includes the following restrictions in long-term care:
- All residents may have outdoor visits, without physical distancing. Residents are encouraged, but are not required, to wear a mask and physically distance. This means that residents and their visitor(s) may sit close, hug, touch, or exchange a kiss or handshake during an outdoor visit, if they wish. Visits must be scheduled with the facility ahead of time. All visitors/DCGs are required to always have their mask on.
- To book an indoor/outdoor visit: Dial 902-678-7355 ext. 555 and leave a message. Designated staff will call back to confirm the visit. Designated Caregivers (DCG) to dial ext. 600 to book a visit.
- Outdoor visit: maximum of five (5) visitors per visit.
- Indoor visit: maximum of three (3) visitors per visit.
- Residents may be visited indoors or outdoors by specialized workers such as a licensed hair stylist, lawyer, financial advisor, etc.
- Residents may get their hair done at the in-house salon.
In addition, for residents who are fully immunized:
- Indoor visits in designated visitation areas or in resident rooms are permitted, without physical distancing. Visits must be scheduled with the facility ahead of time. Residents are encouraged, but are not required, to wear a mask and physically distance from their visitor(s). This means that these residents may sit close, hug, touch, or exchange a kiss or handshake with their visitor(s) during an indoor visit, if they wish. All visitors/DCGs are required to always have their mask on.
- Evergreen reserves the right to limit the number of outdoor/indoor visitors based on room/facility lay-out.
- Community access is now permitted, pending facility approval, with the support of another person, Designated Caregivers, or independently if agreed upon by resident and facility. This means residents can go to retail stores, restaurants, banks, and adult day programs, work, and school.
- At this time, visits to family homes and overnight trips are not permitted.
More information will be shared over the next few days.
The Evergreen Community