Lifting of restrictions on overnight visits in Central Zone, and Western Zone
- All long-term care residents throughout the province may continue to leave their facility to participate in activities in the community. Effective today, there are no restrictions on residents attending overnight visits in any zone. If there are changes to zone epidemiology in future, restrictions on overnight visits may be reinstated, on the advice of Public Health.
- Overnight visits must be pre-scheduled by calling ext. 7002 for Children Center and ext. 555 for Senior Center.
- Visitors are no longer required to book visits.
- Monday - Friday visit check-in: 10am - 3pm.
- Weekend visit check-in: 10am – 2pm
- Visits on Holidays will continue to be scheduled by calling Tel # 902-678-7355 ext. 555. Leave a message and one of the designated staff will call back to confirm your schedule. Holiday visit check-in: 10am – 2pm
- Maximum number of visitors per resident is three (3).
- Visitors must show their COVID-19 proof of vaccination and valid ID upon entry.
- Visitors must be screened upon arrival and must be asymptomatic.
Off-site visit/ Sightseeing drives/Video calls
- Off site visits, sightseeing drives, and video calls will be scheduled by calling 902-678-7355 ext. 555. Leave a message and one of the designated staff will call back to confirm your schedule.
- The support person accompanying the resident must be screened and asymptomatic.
- Visitors may remove their mask only to eat/drink with a resident during a visit outdoors or during their visit indoors (only in resident’s room). A visitor must continue to wear a mask at all other times (i.e., mask required when not eating/drinking).
Holiday Meal with resident
- Families are welcome to share a holiday meal with loved one. While Evergreen is unable to provide a holiday meal to family this year, family members are welcome to bring in a meal to share with resident. According to our guidelines, shared meals must take place in resident’s room. Kindly use disposable plates, cups, and utensils if bringing in food.
- Please reach out to Kristi Maxwell – IPAC-RN at ext 280 or Sophia Kennie – Food Service Supervisor at ext 232 for inquiries.
The Evergreen Community