Evergreen Community Update
June 19 2020
|Evergreen Community Update #6 June 19, 2020 Evergreen Home for Special Care Family and Friends,
Evergreen continues to strictly follow directives from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Department of Health and Wellness and Public Health in relation to COVID-19. The safety of residents and staff is the top priority of Evergreen and we continue to make adjustments to our daily practices and pandemic plan.
As of today, June 19, there are no positive cases of COVID-19 at Evergreen Home for Special Care among residents or staff.
• Although the province begins to open up and loosen restrictions in the general community, Evergreen and long-term care facilities remain closed at this time.
• Evergreen continues to follow all precautionary and preventative measures that have been implemented over the past few months. Some of which include, active screening of all residents and staff daily, cohorting residents within their Avenues and dining rooms, staff wearing medical masks for the duration of their shift, small group/1:1 recreation programs, and daily communication with Public Health.
• The pandemic planning committee is frequently making adjustments to the pandemic plan to ensure all new directives are included as the province continues to learn more about COVID-19.
• The hairdresser will returning any day now for our residents! All of the proper precautions are in place such as, scheduling residents within the same Avenue, wearing the necessary PPE, and extra cleaning processes.
• With direction from Public Health and the Department of Health and Wellness, we have begun having outside visits! Visits must occur outside the facility, visitors must be screened for symptoms of COVID-19, maintain 6ft of physical distance from resident, wear non-medical masks, and schedule all visits with facility in advance. ◦ To schedule a visit, please call (902)678-7355 ext. 555 and leave a voice mail message. A staff member will call you back to schedule a visit. ◦ Please note that these visits are in high demand, and we are working hard to schedule them safely. We appreciate your patience while we work through this process. ◦ Visits are limited to allow all residents to continue enjoying walks in the Evergreen gardens. ◦ For the full list of regulations, please see the memo sent on June 16 outlining the process for 'Outside Visits'. ◦ It is critical that the public health measures are strictly followed, failing to comply could result in
immediate ending of the visit, the resident being in isolation for 14 days within facility, and/or outside visits no longer being offered. We ask for your understanding and respect of these measures for the safety of your loved ones.
• With the implementing of outside visits, we will no longer be offering window visits. This is to ensure that we can keep track of who is entering the garden space and to allow for safe visiting. There should be no family/community members in the Evergreen garden without a confirmed schedule visit.
• Video calls continue to be scheduled using Skype, Zoom or Messenger. ◦ Scheduling video calls can be arranged through: Jennifer Burgess ext. 307 OR Paul Wood ext. 241 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org ◦ On weekends, please call nursing supervisor: Children Centre ext. 7002 Senior Centre ext. 6030/6013
• Information concerning COVID-19 can be found at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus https://www.nshealth.ca/continuing-care https://811.novascotia.ca/ https://covid19hub.nshealth.ca
• Please note that all Community Updates will now be post on our *new* NEWS page on our website! http://www.evergreenhome.ns.ca/news
Evergreen Home for Special Care can also be searched on Facebook!
If you have any further questions regarding safety and prevention measures put in place regarding COVID-19, please reach out to one of the following; (902)678-7355 • Senior Centre Nursing Supervisor ext. 6030/6013 • Children Centre Nursing Supervisor ext. 7002 • Social Worker ext. 307
Stay safe and take care, Evergreen Home for Special Care