Evergreen Community Update #9 August 20, 2020
Evergreen Home for Special Care Family and Friends,
Evergreen continues to strictly follow directives from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Department of Health and Wellness and
Public Health in relation to COVID-19.The safety of residents and staff is the top priority of Evergreen and we continue to make adjustments
to our daily practices and pandemic plan.
As of today, August 20, there are no positive cases of COVID-19 at Evergreen Home for Special Care among residents or staff.
• Evergreen continues to follow all precautionary and preventative measures that have been implemented over the past few months.
Some of which include, active screening of all residents and staff daily, cohorting residents within their Avenues and dining rooms, staff wearing
medical masks for the duration of their shift, small group/1:1 recreation programs, and daily communication with Public Health.
• Evergreen continues to maintain family connections with Outside Visits in our beautiful garden. ◦ Resident's are permitted up to 5 visitors at a time.
◦ Brief physical contact (hug, pat on shoulder, handshake) is allowed provided both visitor and resident are wearing masks and practice proper hand hygiene
. ◦ Social distancing must be maintained throughout visit after brief contact. Masks may be removed when 6ft distancing is maintained
. ◦ To schedule a visit, please call (902)678-7355 ext. 555 and leave a voice mail message. A staff member will call you back to schedule your visit,
ask you the screening questions related to COVID-19, and go over expectations.
• At this time, Evergreen is not scheduling indoor visits.
• Video calls continue to be offered through Skype, Zoom and Messenger. ◦ Scheduling video calls can be arranged by calling (902)678-7355 ext. 307 or emailing
◦ Please call nursing supervisors on the weekends Senior Centre (ext. 6030)// Children Centre (ext. 7002)
• Resident's have been enjoying walks around the garden, and collecting fresh items to snack on or for use in the kitchen – so many fresh berries and herbs this year!
• There is a new process for resident parcel delivery at the main entrance (Senior Centre).
◦ Please drop items off in the large container outside the door, ensure resident name is on it.
◦ Box will be checked periodically throughout the day, and at the end of the day. Items will be brought in,
dated and placed in the isolation room for 48 hours before being brought to resident.
◦ Items received on Saturday/Sunday will be treated as a Monday morning drop-off for isolation purposes.
◦ Reminder that for infection control purposes, we cannot accept perishable foods at this time for residents. If perishable foods are delivered, it will be disposed of immediately.
• Information concerning COVID-19 can be found at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus https://www.nshealth.ca/continuing-care https://811.novascotia.ca/ https://covid19hub.nshealth.ca
• Please note that all Community Updates will now be post on our NEWS page on our website! http://www.evergreenhome.ns.ca/news
• Evergreen Home for Special Care can also be searched on Facebook!
If you have any further questions regarding safety and prevention measures put in place regarding COVID-19, please reach out to one of the following; (902)678-7355
• Senior Centre Nursing Supervisor ext. 6030/6013 • Children Centre Nursing Supervisor ext. 7002 • Social Worker ext. 307
Stay safe and take care, Evergreen Home for Special Care